A summary of NACA's ten (10) most important goals -- in the categories of academic performance (AP), organizational viability (OV), and school-specific (SS) goals -- is set forth below.
These goals are consistent with NACA's mission and program; and they support the mission and goals of BCPSS' Master Plan.
- Enable our young people to realize high academic achievement and advanced character development; so they can participate effectively and constructively in freedom and democracy. (AP)
- Be a school where all learn, experience, and value freedom and democracy. (SS; OV)
- Provide evidence of student academic progress. (AP)
- Provide students with highly qualified and competent staff. (SS)
- Develop a holistic & nutritional program for children during their primary years. (SS)
- Interact with the community in authentic, warm, and mutually beneficial ways. (OV)
- Provide a secure, safe, orderly, clean, drug-free, well-lit, hospitable, dynamic, engaging learning environment. (SS)
- Be a school where special education/gifted and talented students develop their full potential academically, socially, emotionally, and physically. (AP; SS; OV)
- Embrace parents, family, community and businesses on levels that assure authentic and respectful partnership(s). (OV)
- Be organized and sound financially and operationally. (OV)